Friday August 23rd, 2019 // Past Bedtime
During my lunch break at work today I was feeling pretty down about the recent hamster wheel it’s felt like I’ve been on. It goes a little like this: 4:00 AM diaper change. 5:30 AM alarm clock. Hour drive to work. Eight hour day. Hour+ drive home. Then fun with my son for the next four or so hours. Pass out. Repeat the next day.
I needed to feel better and since we’re not too far off from our upcoming Asheville trip it got me thinking… What other travel adventures do I want to go on with my wife and kid?
I busted out my Notes app and started writing. Here’s a handful I came up with:
- Visit every MLB ballpark
- Visit every MLB ballpark in one epic road trip
- Drive across country
- Train across country
- Go to Vietnam so my son can meet his extended family
- Visit the Faroe Islands 🇫🇴 — Some travel blogger I follow on Instagram went a few months ago and it looked amazing so I started following like 15 different Faroe Islands Instagram accounts and now it’s like my #1 travel destination. The internet is weird like that.
- Walk the Camino de Santiago — Do yourself a favor and watch The Way if you’ve never seen it
- Eat street food in as many countries as we can
- Take him to Disney World
- Go to Nationals Spring Training
- Go to the Cactus League Spring Training
- Drive to Maine without taking a highway
- Spend an entire summer at the beach
- Take our son to all the cool places we’ve been (Nice, Paris, Kamakura, Kyoto, Hakone, Tokyo, Seoul, Phu Quoc, Da Lat, Saigon, etc.)
There’s 50 or so places / countries I could list out for us to visit but I think that’s a good start. We’ll get through Asheville first then start planning the next one.
– Josh // feeling a bit better